has spent the majority of his working life as a currency overlay manager. He was educated at Oxford and London Universities, and early in his career worked in the Bank of England as an Economist. In 1983, he founded Record Currency (formerly Treasury) Management, the firm he has Chaired and guided for twenty years.
The author has been in the forefront of the development of currency overlay since its inception, and is acknowledged as one of the leading figures in the overlay industry. He has authored numerous articles on currency and related topics, and is an external MBA lecturer at the Judge Institute at Cambridge.
List of boxes.
2. The Problem.
3. Currency Hedging.
4. Foreign Exchange Market – History and Structure.
5. Theory of Currency Hedging of International Portfolios.
6. Passive Currency Overlay.
7. Currency Overlay Benchmarks.
8. Overlaying Different Asset Classes.
9. Is the Currency Market Efficient?
10. Active Currency Overlay – Management Styles.
11. Active Currency Overlay – Evidence of Performance.
12. Implementing Currency Overlay.
13. Looking Ahead.
Appendix 1. Boundary Conditions for Forward Arbitrage.
Appendix 2. Lognormal Returns.
Appendix 3. AIMR® Report.
Appendix 4. Sample Investment Guidelines.