ROSS M. MILLER teaches finance at the State University of New York at Albany and heads an international risk management consultancy with a client list that includes GE, Bank of America, Barclays, and MBIA. Previously, he was a senior vice president and director of research at National Westminster Bank. Miller is coauthor of the international bestseller What Went Wrong at Enron (Wiley).
Foreword by Vernon L.Smith.
Chronology of Major Events.
PART I: BUBBLES AND EXPERIMENTS.
1. Wind Tunnel Markets.
2. Bargain Hunting.
3. A Tale of Two Smiths.
4. Bubbles in the Lab.
5. Bubbles in the Wild.
PART II: INSIDE MARKETS: OPTIONS, INFORMATION, AND LIQUIDITY.
6. Black Monday.
7. All the World's an Option.
8. The Invisible Hand Discovers Prices.
9. Sending Signals and Keeping Score.
10. It All Comes Down to Money.
PART III: GRIDLOCK AND THE ROAD TO SMART MARKETS.
11. The Market Is Tied Up in Knots.
12. Making Markets Intelligent.
13. The Smart Auction Block.
14. Good Intentions.