Mark Haynes Daniell
is Chairman of The Cuscaden Group, his own family office in Singapore, which serves as an investment and advisory business helping the leaders of wealthy families to define and implement their own legacy plans and long-term investment strategies.
Daniell is a former Director of Bain & Company and Wasserstein Perella. He holds degrees from the Harvard Law School, Oxford University, Amherst College, the Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris, the Sorbonne-Université de Paris IV and the Phillips Exeter Academy.
He is a frequent expert guest commentator on CNBC, the BBC, CNN and Channel News Asia and the author of seven books, including Strategy for the Wealthy Family: Seven Principles to Assure Riches to Riches Across Generations
Sara S. Hamilton is the founder and CEO of Family Office Exchange (FOX), the definitive source of information and best practices associated with the business of managing family wealth across generations.
She serves on the Executive Education faculty of the University of Chicago Booth School of Business for the course on Private Wealth Management offered twice a year in Chicago.
In 2009 and 2010, Hamilton was named as one of the "Top 50 Women in Wealth Management" by Wealth Manager. She serves on the editorial boards of the Journal of Wealth Management and Trusts and Estates as well as a Founding Board of the Chicago Global Donors Network.
Prior to founding FOX, Hamilton worked in marketing and strategy at Harris Bank and AT&T Information Systems. Hamilton holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Vanderbilt University and an MBA from the University of North Florida.
Part I: Family Legacy and Legacy Planning.
1. Building an Enduring Legacy.
2. Defi ning a Clear Philosophy of Family Wealth.
3. The Family Promise, the Constitution, and Responsible Ownership.
4. Preparing Children for the Responsibilities of Wealth.
5. Philanthropy as a Cornerstone of Legacy.
6. A Practical Framework for Legacy Planning.
Part II: Family Leadership and Succession.
7. Leadership Challenges in the Family Enterprise.
8. Proven Approaches to Family Leadership.
9. Leadership Skills for the Twenty-First Century.
10. Passing the Torch.
11. Crossing Generational Bridges.
Part III: The Management of Risk and Change.
12. Managing Risks to Wealth and Wellbeing.
13. Designing a Family “Eco-system” Worthy of Trust.
14. Mastering New Challenges to Financial Wealth.
15. Structuring the Family Office as Manager of Risk and Change.
16. Creating an Entrepreneurial Culture in the Family.
Epilogue: Future Leadership Challenges.
A Profile of Family Office Exchange.
B Operating Frameworks for Legacy, Leadership,and Risk Management.
C Strategies for Creating an Entrepreneurial Culture.
D Recommended Reading List.