CATHERINE STENZEL, MST, MBA, and JOE STENZEL, MD, are full-time ontologists and editors in chief of the Journal of Cost Management, a bimonthly RIA Group periodical. They are also co-directors of Genesis Organizational Diagnostics, which provides cost and performance consulting services focused on government, healthcare, and higher education. Joe, a board-certified pediatrician, has worked with the Juran Institute to develop a quality measurement and management model for large urban medical centers.
1. Developmental Discipline In Cost and Performance Management.
2. Cost Management: Control and Profitability.
3. Cost Types: Early Communication Attempts.
4. Standards, Budgets, and Forecasts: Learning to Compare and Coordinate.
5. Operational Resource Accounting: Learning New Rules and Roles.
6. Processes, Activities, and Resources: Shaping Organizational Identity.
7. Intentional Tactics: Patterns, Participation, and Performance.
8. Quantum Strategy: Release, Reliance, and Reversal.
9. Accounting for the Common Wealth.
Appendix A: The Basic Components and Terminology of a Traditional Income Statement.
Appendix B: A Simplified Traditional Balance Sheet Format.
Appendix C: Analysis with a Purpose.
Appendix D: ABM Concepts and Terms.
Appendix E: Recommended Reading.