Joseph H.H. Weiler
is Joseph Strauss Professor of Law at New York University’s School of Law. He is also a European Union Jean Monnet Chaired Professor and Director of the Jean Monnet Center for International and Regional Economic Law and Justice.
Iain Begg is a Fellow at the London School of Economics and Political Science and Editor of the Journal of Common Market Studies.
John Peterson is Jean Monnet Professor of European Politics at the University of Glasgow and Editor of the Journal of Common Market Studies.
About the Editors and Contributors.
Part I: The Constitutional and Normative Foundations.
Reassessing the Fundamentals (Iain Begg, John Peterson and J.H.H. Weiler).
1. Constitution for Europe? Some Hard Choices (J.H.H. Weiler).
2. Reforming European Institutions of Governance (Johan P. Olsen).
3. Reassessing Legitimacy in the European Union (Andrew Moravcsik).
4. The European Social Model (Fritz W. Scharpf).
Part II: New Dimensions of European Integration.
5. Social Inclusion and the European Union (Tony Atkinson).
6. European Integration and Industrial Relations (Paul Marginson and Keith Sisson).
7. Challenges for Monetary Policy in Euroland (Paul De Grauwe).
8. Maastricht's Fiscal Rules at Ten: An Assessment (Marco Buti and Gabriele Giudice).
Part III: European Integration and International Relations.
9. The European Security adn Defence Policy (Anne Deighton).
10. Ironies of Sovereignty: the EU and the US (Robert O. Keohane).
11. 'This is my EUtopia...': Narrative as Power (Kalypso Nicolaidis and Robert Howse).
Part IV: Visions of Tomorrow’s EU.
12. Filling the Democratic Gap (Pat Cox).
13. De la democratie en Europe: Old Concepts and New Challenge (Yves Meny).
14. Poland's Membership of the EU (Pawel Samecki).