is former Master of Downing College, Cambridge and Chichele Professor of Economic History in Oxford.
John A. Davis holds the Emiliana Pasca Noether Chair in Modern Italian History at the University of Connecticut.
1. Atlantic Trade and British Economic Growth in the Eighteenth Century: Kenneth Morgan (Brunel University College).
2. British Trade and European Economic Development 1750-1850: Sidney Pollard (University of Sheffield and Bielefeld).
3. Nineteenth Century Ocean Trade and Transport: Peter Davies (University of Liverpool).
4. Exports and British Economic Growth (1850-1914): Charles Fainstein (All Souls College, Oxford).
5. Trade Policy and Growth: Some European Experiences (1850-1940): Forrest Capie (City University Business School).
6. British Trade with Latin America (1870-1950): Rory Miller (University of Liverpool).
7. Imperial Power and Foreign Trade: Britain and India (1900-1970): B. R. Tomlinson (University of Strathclyde).
Notes and Bibliographies.
List of Contributors.