was previously Chichele Professor of Economic History and Fellow of All Souls College, Oxford.
John A. Davis hold the Emiliana Pasca Noether Chair in Modern Italian History at the University of Connecticut.
1. Entrepreneurs, Managers and Businessmen in 18th Century Britain: Peter Mathias.
2. Labour and the Process of Industrialization in the First Phases of British Industrialization: Peter Mathias.
3. Women and Work in Late Victorian Britain: Pat Thane.
4. 'In Want of Union'; Industrial Relations in the British Pottery Industry 1870-1930: Richard Whipp.
5. Management, Labour and the State in France 1871-1939: Industrial Relations in the Third Republic: Roger Magraw.
6. Entrepreneurs and Economic Growth: the Case of Italy: John A. Davis.
7. Industrial Workers, Employers and the State in Nazi Germany 1933-1945: Stephen Salter.
8. Employers and Workers in Japan Between the Wars: Takao Matsumura.
9. The Struggle for Control of the American Workplace 1920-1985: P. K. Edwards.