Todd A. Knoop is Associate Professor of Economics and Chair of the Economics and Business department at Cornell College. He is author of Recessions and Depressions: Understanding Business Cycles (2004). He earned his PhD. in Economics from Purdue University.
List of Figures.
List of Tables.
List of Case Studies.
Part I: An Introduction to Finance and Macroeconomics:.
1. The Basics of Financial Markets and Financial Institutions.
2. A Brief History of Financial Development.
Part II: Macroeconomic Theory and the Role of Finance:.
3. Business Cycles and Early Macroeconomic Theories of Finance.
4. Keynesian, Monetarist, and Neoclassical Theories.
5. New Institutional Theories of Finance: Models of Risk and the Costs of Credit Intermediation.
6. New Institutional Theories of Finance: Models of Credit Rationing.
Part III: Financial Volatility and Economic [In]Stability:.
7. The Role of Financial Systems in Monetary and Stabilization Policy.
8. Banking Crises and Asset Bubbles.
Part IV: International Finance and Financial Crises:.
9. Capital Flight and the Causes of International Financial Crises.
10. International Financial Crises: Policies and Prevention.
Part V: Conclusions:.
11. What We have Learned, What We Still Need to Learn about Financial Macroeconomics.