Benjamin Esty is a Professor of Business Administration in the Finance Group at Harvard Business School. He received his PhD. in Business Economics from Harvard University; his MBA from Harvard Business School; and a B.A. degree in Economics from Stanford University.
As a researcher, professor Esty has published numerous articles in both academic and practitioner-oriented journals such as the Journal of Financial Economics, Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, and the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis. In addition, he has written more than 70 case studies, technical notes, and teaching notes on project finance, emerging market investments, and valuation mechanics. He currently serves on the editorial board of the Journal of Structured and Project Finance and regularly advises investment banks, development institutions, government agencies, and project sponsors on a broad range of investment, financing, and valuation issues.
About the Author.
1. Introduction to Modern Project Finance.
2. An Overview of Project Finance.
3. Why Study Large Projects?
MODULE 1. STRUCTURE PROJECTS.
4. The Chad-Cameroon Petroleum Development and Pipeline Project (A).
5. Australia-Japan Cable: Structuring the Project Company.
6. Calpine Corporation: The Evolution from Project to Corporate Finance.
7. BP Amoco (A): Policy Statement on the Use of Project Finance.
8. BP Amoco (B): Financing Development of the Caspian Oil Fields.
MODULE 2. VALUING PROJECTS.
9. Airbus A3XX: Developing the World's Largest Commercial Jet (A).
10. Nghe An Tate & Lyle Sugar Company (Vietnam).
11. An Economic Framework for Assessing Development Impact.
12. Texas High-Speed Rail Corporation.
13. Contractual Innovation in the UK Energy Markets: Enron Europe, The Eastern Group, and the Sutton Bridge Project .
14. Bidding for Antamina
MODULE 3: MANAGING RISKY PROJECTS.
15. Petrolera Zuata, Petrozuata C.A.
16. Poland's A2 Motorway.
17. Restructuring Bulong's Project Debt.
18. Mobile Energy Services Company.
19. Financing the Mozal Project.
MODULE 4. FINANCING PROJECTS.
20. Chase's Strategy for Syndicating the Hong Kong Disneyland Loan (A).
21. The International Investor: Islamic Finance and the Equate Project .
22. Introduction to Islamic Finance (note).
23. Financing PPL Corporation's Growth Strategy.
24. Basel II: Assessing the Default and Loss Characteristics of Project Finance Loans.
25. Iridium LLC.
Project Finance Research, Data, and Information Sources.
Project Finance Glossary.