Harold Evensky is chairman of Evensky & Katz, a financial-advisory firm in Coral Gables, Florida. Deena B. Katz is president. Their combined experience totals more than forty-eight years. Their innovation and skill have earned them the loyalty of clients; their daring and dedication have won them the respect of their peers.
Evensky and Katz are the editors of The Investment Think Tank: Theory, Strategy, and Practice for Advisers Evensky is the author of Wealth Management: The Financial Advisor's Guide to Investing and Managing Client Assets; Katz is the author of Deena Katz on Practice Management and Deena Katz's Tools and Templates for Your Practice. Both are featured speakers at national and international legal, accounting, investment, and financial-planning conferences, and both are published widely and quoted extensively in financial journals and in newspapers.
Foreword (Walter Updegrave). Part One. Facing the New Realities.
1. Boomers: A Force for Change (Deena B. Katz).
2. Maslow Meets Retirement (Mitch Anthony and Lewis J. Walker).
3. Decision Making at Retirement: High Stakes for the Long Haul (Donald G. MacGregor).
4. Reinventing Retirement (Mitch Anthony). Part Two. Assessing the Risks.
5. Psychological Impediments to Retirement-Income Planning (Mathew Greenwald).
6. Lifelong Retirement Income: How to Quantify and Eliminate Luck (Jim C. Otar).
7. Balancing Mortality and Modeling Risk (Cynthia Saltzman).
8. Monte Carlo Mania (Robert D. Curtis).
9. Understanding Required Minimum Distributions (April K. Caudill).
Part Three. Shaping the Solutions.
10. Risk Management During Retirement (Moshe A. Milevsky With Anna Abaimova).
11. Withdrawal Strategies: A Cash Flow Solution (Harold Evensky).
12. Asset Allocation: The Long View (Laurence Booth).
13. Sustainable Withdrawals (William P. Bengen).
14. Tools and Pools: Strategies for Increasing Retirement Cash Flow (Robert P. Kreitler).
15. Creating Portfolios With Lower Volatility (Louis P. Stanasolovich).
16. Reverse Mortgages in Distribution Planning (Roxanne Alexander and Michael J. Anderson).
17. Life Insurance Benefits—No Waiting (Douglas Head).
18. Longevity Risk Insurance (Roger G. Ibbotson, Michael C. Henkel, and Peng Chen).
19. Immediate Annuities: Structure, Mechanics, and Value (R. H. "Rick" Carey and Jeffrey K. Dellinger).
20. The Search for Software (Joel P. Bruckenstein).