John Wasik is a financial columnist for Bloomberg News and the author of several books. His most recent book is The Cul-de-Sac Syndrome, published by Bloomberg Press in June 2009. His book The Merchant of Power was praised by Studs Terkel and well reviewed by the New York Times. Wasik has won more than fifteen journalism awards, including several from the National Press Club. He has appeared on such national media as NBC, NPR, and PBS. He lives in Chicago.
Introduction: A brief history of Obamanomics.
1. First Aid and Income Boosters.
2. Rebuilding Infrastructure, Creating Jobs.
3. Bottom-Up Economics: Small-Business Benefits.
4. Job Creators and the Green-Collar Bonus.
5. Get Smarter.
6. Borrowing Wisely.
7. Restoring Homeownership: Keeping the Dream Alive.
8. Health-Care Reform.
9. Unfinished Business: Long-Range Goals in Entitlement Reform.
10. The Road Ahead.