is former Master of Downing College, Cambridge, and Chichele Professor of Economic History in Oxford.
John A. Davis holds the Emiliana Pasca Noether Chair in Modern Italian History at the University of Connecticut.
1. Land and Labour Productivity in English Agriculture 1650-1850: Mark Overton (University of Essex).
2. Agriculture and Economic Growth in Britain 1870-1914: F. M. L. Thompson (London University).
3. Apropos the Third Agricultural Revolution: How Productive was British Agriculture in the Long Boom 1954-1973?: B. A. Holderness (University of East Anglia).
4. Railways and the Development of Agricultural Markets in France: Opportunity and Crisis (1840-1914): Roger Price (University of Wales at Aberystwyth).
5. Agriculture and Industrialization in France 1870-1914: Colin Heywood (University of Nottingham).
6. Italy - The Eternal 'Late-Comer'?: Paul Corner (University of Siena).
7. Agriculture and Industrialization: The Japanese Experience: Kaoru Sugihara (University of London).
8. Agriculture and Industrialization in Colonial India: David Washbrook (University of Oxford).
9. Soviet Agriculture and Industrialization: Mark Harrison (University of Warwick).