JOHN MAULDIN is President of Millennium Wave Investments. Mauldin has established himself as a savvy observer of the economy and investment arena. Over one million loyal readers receive his thoughtful weekly views on the economy and the markets. He has more than twenty years' experience in the investment arena, with a wide array of responsibilities. He is a recognized investment expert, particularly on the subject of hedge funds and alternative investments. A sought-after speaker, he is frequently quoted in the financial press throughout the world and broadcast media. Mauldin works out of offices overlooking right field of The Ballpark in Arlington, the home of the Texas Rangers. For more information on John, see the "About the Author" section of this book or log on to www.johnmauldin.com.
1. Car Wreck, Traffic Jam, or Freeway?
2. Faith versus History.
3. The Trend Is Your Friend (Until It Isn’t).
4. Catching the Next Wave.
5. Into the Matrix: History’s Guide to Realistic Expectations.
6. Financial Physics: Interconnected Relationships.
7. Risky Expectations.
8. Plausible Expectations: A Realistic Appraisal of the Prospects for Earnings Growth.
9. Pension Fund Problems in Your Backyard.
10. The Issue of Retirement in an Aging World: Is It Something in the Water?
11. Demography Is Destiny.
12. King Dollar and the Guillotine.
13. The Muddle Through Economy.
14. Chairman Greenspan and the Shoot-Out at the OK Corral.
15. Why Investors Fail: Analyzing Risk.
16. Taking Stock: The Fundamental Nature of Bull’s Eye Investing.
17. Bringing Out Your Inner Spock.
18. The Value in Stocks.
19. Investing in Bonds: Or the Sisyphus Syndrome.
20. Hedge Funds 101: The Basics.
21. Investing in a Fund of Hedge Funds.
22. Doing Your Due Diligence.
23. All That Glitters, Etc.
24. Bull’s Eye Investing.
Appendix A: Suggested Reading Material.
Appendix B: Bond Information.
Appendix C: Hedge Fund Industry Resources.
Appendix D: Hedge Fund Net Worth Requirements: Why a Million Isn’t Always Enough.
About the Author.