Benton E. Gup holds the Chair of Banking at the University of Alabama, and has held banking chairs at the University of Virginia and the University of Tulsa. He is the author of 19 books, including The Basics of Investing, now in its fifth edition, and is also widely published in top financial journals including The Journal of Finance, The Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, The Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking and The Journal of Banking and Finance.
Part I: Getting Started Online:.
1. Understanding the Suitability of Online Investment Recommendations.
2. The Changing Securities Markets and Regulation.
3. Dealing with Brokers and Dealers Online.
Part II: Types of Securities:.
5. Bonds.Debt Securities.
6. Investment Companies and Mutual Funds.
Part III: Making Investment Decisions:.
7. Analyzing Investment Opportunities Online.
8. Interpreting Financial Data.
9. Valuation Models.
10. Portfolio Management.
Directory of Websites.