Robert L. Clark
is Professor of Economics at North Carolina State University.
Richard V. Burkhauser is the Sarah Gibson Blanding Professor of Policy Analysis and Chair of the Department of Policy Analysis and Management in the College of Human Ecology, Cornell University.
Marilyn Moon is Vice President and Director of Health at the American Institutes for Research.
Joseph F. Quinn is Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at Boston College.Timothy M. Smeeding is Maxwell Professor of Public Policy and Professor of Economics and Public Policy at Syracuse University.
List of Figures.
List of Tables.
Part I: Population Aging and the Income of the Elderly.
2. The Graying of America and the World.
3. The Economic Well-being of Older Americans.
Part II: Retirement Planning and Policies.
4. Economics of Retirement and Old Age.
5. Work and Retirement.
6. Retirement Policies and Pension Plans.
Part III: Social Security Programs and Reforms.
7. Social Security Benefits and Program Objectives: An Individual Perspectives.
8. Social Security Financing and Reform Issues.
9. Disability Policy.
Part IV: Health and Long Term Care for Older Persons.
10. The Financing and Delivery of Acute Health Care Services.
11. Additional Health Issues: Long Term Care.