Dr Geoffrey Edwards
holds the Jean Monnet Chair in Political Science at Cambridge University. He specialises in the institutions and external policies of the European Union.
Georg Wiessala is the Senior Lecturer in European Studies at the University of Central Lancashire, Preston. His interests include European Integration and the external relations of the European Union, especially with Asian countries.
Editorial: Geoffrey Edwards (University of Cambridge) and Georg Wiessala (University of Central Lancashire).
1. Keynote Article: 11 September and the Challenge of Global Terrorism to the EU as a Security Actor: Monica Den Boer (European Institute for Law Enforcement Co-operation, Brussels) and Jorg Monar (University of Sussex).
2. Institutions and Governance 2001-2 - Desmond Dinan (George Mason University).
3. Dull but Successful - the Swedish Presidency: Ole Elgstrom (Lund University).
4. The Belgian Presidencies of 2001: Bart Kerremans and Edith Driekens (both Katholieke Universiteit Leuven).
5. Internal Policy Developments: Hussein Kassim (University of London).
6. ‘One Careful Driver from New’: Earning the ECB's No-Claims Bonus: Massimo Beber (University of Cambridge).
7. Legal Developments: Jo Hunt (Cardiff Developments).
8. External Policy Developments: David Allen and Michael Smith (both Loughborough University).
9. Enlarging the European Union: Julie Smith (Royal Institute of International Affairs).
10. Justice and Home Affairs: Jorg Monar (University of Sussex).
11. Developments in the Member States: Lee Miles (University of Hull).
12. Developments in the Economies of the European Union: Nigel Grimwade (South Bank University).
13. Chronology: The European Union in 2001: Georg Wiessala (University of Central Lancashire).
14. Books on European Integration: Brian Ardy (South Bank University) and Jackie Gower (University of Kent at Canterbury).