is an analyst, strategist and financial writer based in London. To gain experience and qualifications in the Financial Services Industry he completed the necessary exams to qualify as an approved Securities Dealer and Trader and, while working for a hedge fund in London, was accredited by the United Kingdom Regulatory Authorities. He has contributed articles to the financial press,commentated for business television and is the author of Portfolio 2001 – How to Invest in the World’s Best Companies
published by Random House Business Books in 1999.
Frank Holmes is CEO and Chief Investment Officer at U.S. Global Investors,Inc., which manages more than $1 billion in precious metals funds and provides advisory services to international clients.He was Mining Journal’s fund manager of the year in 2006, and is a prominent speaker at investment conferences and a regular commentator on financial broadcast networks. Mr Holmes has more than 30 years’ in the investment field.
Foreword (Dr. Marc Faber).
List of Charts and Tables.
Part One: Demystifying the Gold Price.
1. Introduction: Why Gold?
2. The Gold Mining Industry.
3. Gold Supply and Demand.
4. The Rise and Fall of the Gold Standard.
5. The Dollar Standard and the 'Deficit without Tears'.
6. The Economic Consequences of 9/11 and George W. Bush.
7. The End of Cheap Oil, 'Chindia' and Other Tipping Points to Instability.
8. Globalisation & Global Economic Rebalancing.
9. Gold Prices: Inflation, Deflation, Booms and Busts.
10. Investing Choices.
Part Two: Gold Investing Strategies (Frank Holmes).
11. Inside U.S. Global Investors.
12. Investing in Gold Equities.
13. Gold Mining Opportunities and Threats.
Part Three: Appendix.