Dr Justin O'Brien is Senior Fellow at the Institute of Governance, Public Policy and Social Research, Queen's University, Belfast. A specialist in corporate governance and political corruption, he is the author of The Modern Prince, the acclaimed biography of Charles Haughey. Before transferring to academia, Dr O'Brien was an investigative current affairs journalist with the BBC, RTE and UTV, where his last position was Editor, Current Affairs. Married with two children, he lives in Belfast.
Introduction: the Corruption Cycle.
1. Assessing Guilt: the Wall Street shakedown.
2. Power Failure: the fall of Enron.
3. An Appalling Vista: the Rogue of Rhode Island.
4. Lynching Merrill.
5. Enforcing the enforcers: the politics of business.
6. Corporate politics: the buying of power.
7. From Chicago to Washington via New York and Baghdad.