The Handbook of Financial Instruments
A key decision that investors face is how to allocate their funds among the wide spectrum of financial instruments available. To intelligently make that allocation decision, it is imperative that you understand the investment characteristics of the major asset classes and the markets in which they trade.
The Handbook of Financial Instruments is the first book to provide comprehensive coverage of such a wide variety of financial instruments. Written by experts in their respective fields, this book arms individual investors as well as institutional investors with the knowledge to choose and effectively use many of the financial instruments available in the market today.
Topics covered include:
* The properties of financial markets and the fundamentals of investing
* Common stock
* Fixed income products, including money market, Treasury, federal agency, corporate bonds, emerging market, mortgage-backed securities, and asset-backed securities
* Mutual funds and exchange-traded funds
* Investment-oriented life insurance products, including cash value life insurance and annuities
* Hedge funds and private equity funds
* Real estate investments
* Derivative instruments such as futures/forward contracts, options, futures options, swaps, caps, and floors
Pick up The Handbook of Financial Instruments and find out how you can use a variety of different asset classes to construct and manage a portfolio to achieve your investment objectives.