DAVID A. PEOPLES is an internationally celebrated speaker, presenter, and sales trainer for major corporations and professional associations. He was IBM's first consulting instructor, where, over the past 30 years, he has trained more than 8,000 IBM salespeople. Dave's other clients include General Electric, Alliance Capital, Genuine Parts, Merrill Lynch, Siemens. The American Institute of CPAs, and the American Red Cross.
1. Presenting, Persuading, and Winning
(Money, fame, and glory).
2. The Seven Deadly Sins
(Guaranteed ways to give a dull, dry, and boring presentation).
3. Hot Drugs for Sweaty Palms
(Getting butterflies to fly in formation).
4. Design the Close First
(The most important part of the presentation).
5. It's Showtime—The Opening
(The critical 120 seconds).
6. Getting Attention and Keeping Interest
(How to keep them off the beach).
7. High Tech vs. Low Tech
(When to use what to accomplish the most).
8. The Presenter's Secret Weapon
9. How to Handle Troublemakers
(Out of every 100 people there's at least one).
10. Rehearse, Rehearse, Rehearse, Then Cheat
(A sure cure for going blank).
11. Bad Habits and Distractions
(You're are always the last to know).
12. DOs and DON'Ts of Team Presentations
(The very few vs. the thundering heard).
13. Getting Them Back from the Break
(Accomplishing the impossible).
14. Time Control
(How to finish five minutes early).
15. 60 Tips in 60 Minutes
(For those in a hurry).
16. Presentation Planning Guide
(Guarentees a winning presentation every time).
17. Getting Good, Getting Better—The Critique
(Perfect practice makes perfect).
18. Your Road to Glory
(A personal message).