CHRIS SKINNER is well-known for his regular columns on Finextra.com and in the Banker magazine, as well as for being a regular keynote at the world's largest financial services conferences including SWIFT’s SIBOS, BAI in the USA, IIR in Europe and the Financial Times in the UK. When not on the circuit, Chris is Chief Executive of Balatro, a think tank on the future of financial services, and Chairman of the Financial Services Club, a UK-based group which meets regularly to debate the future of the financial markets. He is also Chairman of the Banker's Technology Awards; a Judge with the TradeTech Awards and the Asian Banker's Excellence in Retail Financial Services program; as well as a contributor to the World Economic Forum's program focused upon the future of banking. He lives in London, England, and can be found regularly at the world's airport lounges gathering views and news on banking worldwide.
About Chris Skinner.
About the contributors.
PART 1: MIFID'S VISION< RULES AND REQUIREMENTS: THE PRINCIPLES.
1 The Benefits, Opportunities and Challenges of MiFID.
2 An Overview of MiFID.
3. Best Execution.
4. Client Classification.
PART 2: MIFID'S REGLATORY REGIME: WILL IT WORK?
6. Principles-based Regulation -Will It Work?
7. Regulators: Consistent or Confused?
8. Regulatory Convergence: The Prospect for a European SEC.
9. Do We Need A Pan-European Regulator?
10. MiFID and RegNMS: Changing the DNA of the Capital Markets.
PART 3: MIFID'S IMPLICATIONS: THE END OF THE EXCHANGES?
11. Make or Break for Europe.
12. Exchanges, MTF's, Systematic Internalisers and Data Providers - Winners and Losers in a Post-MiFID World.
13. Europe's Investment Markets in a Post-MiFID World: the Fight for Value-Add.
14. Taking the Cost and Risk Out of MiFID Implementations.
15. What is the Outlook for Execution Venues Post MiFID?
16. How MiFID Changes Banking Business Across Europe.
17. MiFID's Impact Upon the Retail Investment Markets.
18. What is the Role of Pre- and Post-Trade Standards?
19. MiFID: Data Leniency and All That.