MARTIN D. WEISS, PhD, is Chairman of Weiss Ratings, Inc. in Palm Beach, Florida. The company issues safety ratings on banks and savings institutions, insurance firms, brokerages, and HMOs. It is the only major ratings company that receives no remuneration from the companies it covers. Weiss has testified before Congress several times and has appeared on ABC, CBS, and NBC.
1. The Great Stock Market Scam.
2. Five Lessons From the Great Stock Market Scam.
3. Broken by Your Broker? Here's How to Get Money Back.
4. Safety and Yield are Your Best Escape.
5. Profits Are Your Best Revenge.
6. Investing in Individual Stocks?
7. Protect Your Wealth!
8. The Great Insurance Cover-Up.
9. What You Need to Know About Life Insurance.
10. Annuities--the Pros and Cons.
11. The Case Against Tax-Exempt Bonds.
12. Health Insurance Decision for Seniors: HMO or Medigap?
13. What About Your Long-Term Care? Do You Need Insurance? What Kind? When? How Much?
14. "Help! This is the First Time I've had to Make My Own Investment Decisions! What Do I Do?"
Appendix A: Risk Self-Test.
Appendix B: How to Avoid a Broker That Will Break You, and Find One That Can Truly Help You.
Appendix C: Investment Watchdog Agencies.
Appendix D: Other Resources for Investors.
Appendix E: Medicare, Medigap, and Long-Term Care: Piecing the Puzzle Together.
Appendix F: Long-Term-Care Planner.
Appendix G: Helpful Organizations, Publications, and Programs.